I’m a Linux enthusiast,
privacy and open source advocate. Unlike most people who often have Windows as their first computer’s operating system, I got my first PC when I was 6, and it was fired up with Slackware! Since then, I had a great interest in GNU/Linux. After a long time of distro-hopping, I now settle with Arch Linux.
The most important characteristic of people is their ability to think. The original intention of blogging was to save electronic snapshots of their thinking. Of course, a variety of documentation tools or simple text editors can also record at any time, choosing to build a personal website is nothing more than to satisfy the paranoia of technology enthusiasts.
But if you think about it, every article published on the website is different from the thought fragments you just wrote down. It must be sorted and summarized, it must be readable, and even have practical value for yourself or others.
Not knowing your ignorance is double your ignorance.
The original purpose of the site was not to show off knowledge, but to record ignorance.
The more people know, the more ignorance they will find. It’s a great pleasure to have a wider world to explore!
“Ash” as in “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust” - 尘归尘，土归土.
I know some of you may find this quote in the bible (“Remember You are Dust and to Dust You Shall Return”), which is a coincidence. This term is really common in other cultures including mine.
“Pex” as in “Apex” (a·pex /ˈāpeks/): the top or highest part of something / reach a high point or climax.
You only live once, so live your life to the fullest.
I enjoy reading a lot, mostly about technology and info security.
- The Art of Invisibility - Kevin Mitnick, Robert Vamosi
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World’s Most Wanted Hacker - Kevin Mitnick, William L. Simon
- The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security - Kevin D. Mitnick, William L. Simon
When I’m not at my keyboard, here are things that I enjoy doing:
- 🎾 Watching tennis.
- 🎮 Playing games sometimes.
- ♟️ Playing and watching chess.
Other tech-related interests:
- ⌨️ Mechanical keyboard
- 🎧 IEM/Audiophile
- Thinkpad T480
- Monitor: 27 inch - 2560x1440, LG something…
- A solid raspberry pi 4.
- Keyboard: Keydous NJ68
- Mouse: $5 logitech mouse.
My current computing stack is archlinux > i3 > alacritty > zsh > vim.
Here is my phone setup: My Degoogled Phone.
- 💳 If you find my posts helpful and want to support me financially, please visit this page.
- 💼 My portfolio page: ashpex.now.sh.
- 🏝️ My general blog where I write about random stuff in my life: ashpex.gitlab.io