My Degoogled Phone
This is my degoogled-setup for my phone, following up to this post. This android phone is powered with a custom rom and has no GAPPS pre-installed which means no Google Play services, no spyware.
- AOSP camera
- AOSP contact
- AOSP clock
- AOSP messaging
- DAVx5: CalDAV/CardDAV Synchronization and Client.
- FairEmail : Email client. I used to use K-9 Mail, it’s still a solid choice if you don’t like FairEmail.
- Files : Simple file manager.
- FlorisBoard : An open-source keyboard which respects your privacy.
- KISS Launcher : Seriously the most comfortable launcher I’ve ever used.
- Organic Maps : Offline maps with turn-by-turn navigation.
- Simple Gallery Pro : Basic yet highly customizable offline gallery.
- Simple Calendar Pro: Open source calendar app.
- Duckduckgo Browser : Great google search replacement and the browser is actually nice.
- Privacy Browser : A web browser that respects your privacy.
- Conversations: XMPP client.
- Element: Matrix client - an instant messaging app.
- Telegram: Telegram
- Threema: The messenger that puts security and privacy first.
There are just too many of them
- AdAway : Block ads and trackers.
- AfWall+ : Firewall (iptables frontend).
- WireGuard : Android GUI for WireGuard.
- Syncthing : Sync all of my files across devices without going to any servers.
- Dawn for Reddit: Unofficial client for Reddit.
- Newpipe : Lightweight YouTube frontend that doesn’t require google account and has no ads. (not really degoogled but I try to limit it as much as possible)
- Goodtime: Minimalist Pomodoro Timer
- Loop Habit Tracker: Track your habits and long-term goals
- Orgzly : Notes and Todo app with Org-mode.
- ReadEra : EReader for books and document viewer (proprietary software)
If you find this post helpful, please consider sponsoring.Sponsor